Using the Libraries - UMA Library Portal
Using The Libraries - Submit a Ticket
We are happy to help you. Here are some tips that will help you get the most out of your library visit:
- Please bring your student ID card every time you come to the library. You need it to borrow books, use the photocopier, and print from our computers.
- Please check in with us after you get your student ID so that we can activate your card.
- We have computers and WiFi access for both students/staff/faculty and community guests.
Students may borrow books, DVDs, and other items for the following periods:
- Books: 4 weeks
- Periodicals & Maine File: 1 week
- Videos: 2 weeks
- Course Reserves: varies – please call ahead for details.
Be sure you know the due date for any library materials you check out. You will receive an email notice of any overdue books. Returning or renewing books promptly at this point will avoid all fines. Your next notice will be an emailed bill for $55.00. If you return books after they have been billed to you, your fines for URSUS books will be removed.
If no one else is waiting for the books checked out to you, you may renew them by phone, in person, or through the online catalog (URSUS). Renewal lets you avoid all overdue notices and bills. NOTE: Some items are unable to be renewed.