Course Reserves - UMA Library Portal
UMA Libraries offer faculty the option of placing items on reserve behind the circulation desks at Katz and Nottage Libraries and at UMA Centers and sites for students to sign out, or online for students to access. Items include books, photocopies, DVDs, and more. These items could be from the library collections, or from your personal collection.
Staff can assist faculty with electronic reserves, physical on-site reserves at Katz and Nottage Libraries, or distributing reserve materials to UMA Centers and sites around Maine. Every effort will be made to see that these materials are easily available for student use. Materials must be copyright-cleared and submitted four weeks prior to the beginning of the semester. Staff will aim to process reserve materials within 24 hours of your request.
For information about reserving course materials, please contact the appropriate staff:
- Physical reserves: Augusta - Andrea Thorne - firstname.lastname@example.org - 207-621-3263
- Physical reserves: Bangor - Nathan Green - email@example.com - 207-262-7903
- Electronic reserves: All Locations - Brenda Sevigny-Killen - firstname.lastname@example.org - 207-621-3351
Criteria for course reserves:
- Items are required or optional for the course being taught.
- Items are not available in quantity.
Some general guidelines for placing materials on reserve:
- For physical reserves in Augusta and Bangor, complete a reserve request form. Forms can be filled out in the library or downloaded and emailed.
- Reference materials may not be placed on reserve.
- Items from other libraries may not be placed on reserve.
- Copies from personal collections will be processed with barcodes.
- Items of two pages or fewer should be provided in class or in Brightspace.
- The library is not responsible for damaged or lost personal items.
- Course reserves run semester-by-semester. At the end of a semester, UMA Libraries staff will ask if you need the materials kept on reserve for the following semester.