Ways We Can Help - Faculty Portal
UMA Faculty Development Center
Just ask. We'll help!
VIRTUAL LIVE SUPPORT.
Resolve your issues instantly:
Mon, Tu, Th, 10 am - 7 pm
Wed, Fri, 10 am - 4 pm
No appointment needed.
Report a Problem:
- A link to the course. At the very least the title and course code.
- Specifics - include the module name or assignment name connected to your question.
- Location - where in the course is the issue occurring?
- Details - What is the issue/question?
- Examples - include an example if possible.
- Screenshots are great!
Leave a voice message for a call-back: 207-262-7979
UMA Instructional Services Staff
The skillsets of ISU and FDC team members are very diverse. We are working together to support you, UMA faculty and students, in creating an engaging learning and teaching experience using technology.
Ways The Faculty Development Center Can Help
FDC - One-Stop-Shop! Just ask, we'll help.
- Professional development programming and requests
- Content development support
- Instructional technology training and support
- Personalized consulting on curricular and instructional design
- Personalized consulting on selecting and using educational software, and instructional technologies
Ways Academic Logistics Can Help
All of us here at the UMA Academic Services are committed to providing you, the instructor, with the whole range of services.
- Provide statewide (and out-of-state) testing services for your distance course. From distributing the exams to distance locations to proctoring, UMA Academic Logistics team supports faculty through all aspects of administering proctored exams. We will send, receive and track student exams and assignments. (Academic Logistics, firstname.lastname@example.org) More...
- Provide audio conferencing account management and support. Audio conferences can be a useful option to facilitate office hours or tutoring and student group work. (Academic Logistics, email@example.com) More...
- Meet (in person, via web conference or phone) with faculty new to teaching distance courses to address questions, concerns and provide information referrals as needed. (UMA Faculty Development Center, firstname.lastname@example.org) More...
Provide HD filming, editing, and processing for your course: your place or ours. (Events & Learning Media Services, email@example.com)
Bring guest speakers to your students - nationally or internationally - through technology. (Events & Learning Media Services, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Provide guest instruction in your classroom - virtual or F2F - on a variety of information literacy and research-related topics. (Library Services, email@example.com)
Embed a librarian and/or custom learning resources in your Brightspace course. Consult with you on creating or tweaking research assignments. (Library Services, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Create custom learning objects and course guides for your class. (Library Services, email@example.com)