- Latest Update from the Emergency Management Team
- Emergency Management Team Members
- Evacuation Procedure
- Evacuation Procedure - Special Needs
- Information During an Emergency
- Be Prepared - Get Trained
- UMFK Emergency Management Plan
- Notification Systems
- Automatic External Defibrillators
- Edit Emergency Contact Information
- Risk Management & Insurance
- Forms and Documents
- Additional Resources
- Archived Updates
Evacuation of People with Special Needs
Person with mobility impairment:
- If you have a cell phone, call 911 and report your location and the location of the exit you are proceeding toward. Proceed as quickly as possible to the nearest exit. Do not use an elevator.
- If unable to get assistance from others, proceed to the nearest stair exit furthest from the smoke and/or fire. If not on the ground floor, enter stairwell. Close the fire door behind you, and await evacuation by the fire department.
- Carry a loud whistle, horn, or similar device to alert people of your location.
Faculty, staff, and students:
- Assist persons with disabilities and/or limited mobility in evacuating building or campus as appropriate and requested by the individual. Do not use the elevator.
- If unable to evacuate person, call 9 911 (campus phone). Report person's location and the evacuation assistance needed.
Security and emergency services personnel will:
- Immediately search all stairwells and vicinity, especially on upper floors where persons with disabilities and limited mobility may be stranded.
- Notify the FKFD about all known trapped individuals.