Pre-Class Readiness Check
Do a quick readiness check before each class to make sure that all equipment is available, correctly configured, and functioning properly.
- Locate the remote for the polycom system.
- Be sure that you’re able to pan and zoom the main camera to show students in the room. If you use camera presets, verify that they are properly configured.
- Be sure that you’re comfortable zooming in on board work or other materials.
- Check the volume level in your room. (As you adjust the volume be sure that the volume level bar on the monitor is set at about the halfway point.)
- Check microphone placement to be sure that the microphones are clearly picking up the voices of everyone in the room.
- Locate the additional technologies that you plan to use. These may include:
- VGA input/output
- Document Camera: either
- “Overhead” camera or
- In-ceiling document camera and remote
- Computer (if supplied in the room)
- DVD player
- Smart Board
- Be sure that all participants know the technical support number (1-800-696-4357) and procedures for calling out from the telephone in their room. (This may involve dialing 9 or another number first.)