Blackboard offers a variety of tools for assigning work to students including the Assignment tool, Journals, Blogs, Wikis, Tests, and Discussions. Rubrics can be assigned to any of these to assist with your grading. The Assignment tool also includes software to help detect plagiarism, and the Test tool will automatically grade objective question types.
Add Extended Time for an Accommodation
Do you have a student with a disibility request for an accommodation allowing them additional time on a test? If you use Blackboard for tests and quizzes, there is a setting that easily allows you to adjust the timer for individual students. Follow these steps:
- Go to your test or quiz in Blackboard.
- Click the drop down next to the title and select Edit the Test Options.
- Scroll down to the section titled Test Availability Exceptions and click the Add User or Group button.
- In the pop up window, find the user that needs the accommodation, check the box next to their name, and click the Submit button.
- Edit the time allowed for this user and then click Submit.